Tell me if this sounds familiar – you get yourself some Papa Murphy’s pizza, but you can’t eat it all so you end up freezing it.
Now, you’re hungry and you want some of that yummy pizza, but your Papa Murphy’s is frozen.
How do you cure that craving when the pizza is all frosty?
Keep reading and we’ll tell you what you need to know about how to bake a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza.
Let It Thaw
The most important thing you need to know about cooking a Papa Murphy’s pizza that was in your freezer is that you need to let it thaw.
Definitely do NOT try to cook it while it is still frozen.
For the best results, let the frozen Papa Murphy’s pie thaw in your refrigerator for 24 hours.
Don’t sit it on the counter to defrost – you need to let it thaw in the fridge for the best results.
Cooking Papa Murphy’s Pizza Instructions
Once you have let that frozen pizza thaw in your fridge for 24 hours, it’s time to prepare for the cooking phase of this pizza night.
Of course, these directions apply even if the pizza was not frozen.
1. Let the pizza sit on your counter for 60 minutes to reach room temperature.
This gives the dough in the crust some time to rise so that you get the best possible pizza from the frozen state.
2. Preheat the oven.
While your pizza is sitting on the counter coming to room temperature, you can preheat the oven.
The temperature setting you need to use for your oven varies depending on your pizza type.
Follow this guide:
- 350 degrees for stuffed pizza
- 425 degrees for original, thin, XLNY, gluten-free crust, fresh pan, and crustless pizzas
3. Remove plastic wrap or lid once the pizza is at room temperature.
Make sure that you have removed the plastic wrap or the lid before preparing to put the pizza in the oven.
For the crustless pizza, also remove the baking instructions.
For original, thin, XLNY, gluten-free crust, fresh pan, and stuffed pizzas, leave the pizza on the tray.
For the fresh pan pizza, keep it level at all times.
4. Place the pizza on your oven’s center baking rack for cooking.
The amount of time that you need to bake your Papa Murphy’s pizza varies by pizza type.
Follow this guide:
- 12 to 18 minutes for original, thin, XLNY, gluten-free crust pizzas, crustless, and fresh pan pizzas
- 32 to 40 minutes for stuffed pizzas
5. Know when to remove the pizza from the oven
When you should remove the Papa Murphy’s pizza from the oven varies by pizza type.
Follow this guide:
- Remove when golden brown for original, thin, XLNY, gluten-free crust pizzas, stuffed, and fresh pan pizzas
- Remove when the cheese is melted and bubbling, and the internal temperature reaches 165° for crustless pizzas.
6. Let pizza sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
This is to let the pizza cool off a bit.
For fresh pan pizzas, remove immediately from pan using a spatula after the 5 minutes are up, but be careful with the hot oil.
Microwave Papa Murphy’s Pizza Instructions
Do you prefer to cook your Papa Murphy’s pizza in the microwave?
Here’s how to do that –
1. Remove plastic lid and baking instructions. Place the tray in the center of the microwave.
2. Cook on high for 3 to 7 minutes.
Microwave ovens vary in power; you may need to adjust your cooking time.
- 1–3 pizza toppings: cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- 4 + pizza toppings: cook for 5 to 7 minutes
The product is done when the cheese is melted and bubbling, and the internal temperature reaches 165°.
3. CAREFULLY REMOVE FROM MICROWAVE. Contents will be hot! Allow product to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
As you can see, cooking a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza requires some planning in advance since you need to let the frozen pie thaw out for 24 hours.
We also want to let you know that a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza will not taste quite as good as when you bake it fresh, so do know that in advance.